AFAIK we are not using any self-develop cryptography, just regular Ruby and
Rails algorighms like md5, sha, X509, UNIX
crypt, ActiveSupport::MessageEncryptor and stuff like that.

If you are going to do security audit, please share your results. Keep in
mind that if you found a security bug, use foreman-security@ email for
communication (more on this at https://theforeman.org/security.html).

LZ

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM, 'Aditya Gupta' via foreman-dev <
foreman-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We are planning to use foreman for deployment and we need to answer below
> question to classify whether we can use it or not :
>
> 1)
>
> 2)                                   Does it contain any kind of
> encryption/decryption functionality besides
>
> a.     Authentication
>
> b.    Hashing
>
> 3)                                   If it contains such an encryption
> functionality, …
>
> -       Is it based on a public available algorithm/library or is it a
> self-developed algorithm
>
> -       What is the name of the encryption library or algorithm
>
>                                           i.    Is it symmetric or
> asymmetric?
>
>                                          ii.    What is the maximum
> supported key length?
>
>                                         iii.    Is it linked dynamically,
> statically, a standard API call or something different (provided as a
> result of a different tool, command line interface, …)
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Aditya
>
> --