On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 01:34:08PM +0200, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
what you think about adding discovery to core PRs test suite, just one
Ruby version on sqlite3?

+1

Recently we had all red situation when we bumped to Rails 5. After
Ivan fixed that, we have the same due to fact import refactoring.
These changes are good, it's just bad timing when we are doing 1.16 RC
and these unexpected regressions happen. I would like to know in
advance.

This could set a precedent, but frankly I am ok with adding more
plugins there. What's important I think is to run all core tests
without any plugin and all plugin tests (without core tests) for all
top-tier plugins. We don't do that, we are trying to achieve "ideal"
world of all combinations all rubies all db stacks individually which
is not realistic approach with our resources.

In other discussions other people have suggested that only testing with Katello is odd and I agree. Either we test no plugins or a bunch of popular ones. Since testing is good, I'd prefer a bunch of popular ones.

We can argue about the rules for inclusion. My suggestion is to keep it simple: including in the main test matrix is a commitment from both sides and we need at least 2 active developers willing to help with test failures/potential regressions in core PRs.