It looks like #19986 was fixed in puppetserver 2.8.0 and GH-249 was merged so from the installers side I think we're good to go.

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 05:34:51PM +0200, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
These are now released and the PR[1] is open to bump the versions. Note that I want to implement a workaround for #19986[2] and backport that to 1.15.5 as well.

[1]: https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-installer/pull/249
[2]: http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/19986