Hi all,
we recently encountered a compatibility issue with older version of
Clamp that we use on ruby 2.0 installations. Latest Clamp releases
require ruby 2.1+. See [1] for some more details.

The easiest solution seems to be dropping ruby 2.0 support, which was
eol 2016-02-24 anyway. We use scl with ruby 2.2 on rpm based distros,
so we should be safe there.

The question is how big deal it would be for Debian based distros. I
checked ruby versions on what we currently support:
- Debian Jessie - ruby 2.1 (https://packages.debian.org/jessie/ruby)
- Debian Stretch - ruby 2.3 (https://packages.debian.org/stretch/ruby)
- Ubuntu Trusty - ruby 1.9 (https://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/ruby)
but we depend on a package ruby2.0
- Ubuntu Xenial - ruby 2.3 (https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/ruby)

So the only issue seems to be with Trusty, where we could bump the
dependency to ruby2.3.

What do you think, are there any objections against dropping it?

T.

[1] https://github.com/theforeman/hammer-cli/pull/251