On 10/20/2017 08:30 PM, Eric D Helms wrote:
All,

One of the items on the Roadmap I've sent out is centralizing packaging into a single repository. The last time I tried this I attempted to go whole hog migrating all things all at once. In order to make this more approachable, and to encourage reviews, I would like to follow the following plan in this rough order for nightlies only:

 1) Move comps to foreman-packaging and update mash scripts
 2) copy releasers and tito.props to foreman-packaging for katello repositories  3) Move packages 1 by 1 to foreman-packaging starting leaving nightly RPMs (rubygem-katello, hammer_cli_katello, and katello-installer) for last. This will involve a PR to foreman-packaging and PR to katello-packaging adding to the former and removing from the latter.
 4) Update katello-packaging README to indicate deperecation

Sounds good to me!   What are the plans for the non-ruby packages, such as 'katello' and 'pulp-katello' ?  These have hard requirements on pulp (you can likely argue 'katello' should not), and likely would break any repoclosure without including our 'pulp' repo in the repoclosure.

-Justin

I am sending this plan along to gather feedback, find holes in the plan and to get approval/disapproval from the community in taking this step.

My plan would be to begin this migration towards the end of next week.

--
Eric D. Helms
Red Hat Engineering