On Mon, 2017-10-16 at 14:36 +0100, Greg Sutcliffe wrote:

> That said, I've not really been involved with the RPMs, so I'm unsure
> if this causes a bigger headache for Yum users than Apt users. I'm
> also unsure of the work required to create an SCL, but if it's non-
> trivial then I'd be looking to CentOS to collaborate on a Rails SCL
> for everyone to use - for just ourselves, then vendoring seems
> easier.

I spoke to a few people I know about this, and it seems there's not
much appetite for making new SCLs. We might be able to attract
contributors once it's created, but I think we should assume the effort
for creating/maintaining SCLs will fall on us initially.

Do we have any conclusions on this thread? It's going to matter for
1.17 which is getting closer by the day.

Greg