On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 09:52:21AM -0500, Eric D Helms wrote:
Thanks for the weekly updates!

I'll echo that. Greatly appreciated.

Do you forsee 1.17 working as:

1) Wait till the core codebase is updated to Rails 5.1 then branch and
notify plugins
2) Branch soon at some stable point and backport the Rails 5.1 code changes

Option 1 sounds easier.

I believe also on the list of items is the update to fog 1.42 that has a
pending PR given the current version of Fog requires JSON < 2 and Ruby 2.4
comes with JSON 2+.

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4869 was merged earlier this week. We now need to update fog in our packages.

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1970 adds fog-ovirt
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-packaging/pull/1975 bumps fog. This needs json >= 2 and I think that's only available in the new SCL.