Hi John

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
John Test <johntest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am following this section on creating AD LDAPS auth for foreman
> https://theforeman.org/manuals/1.11/index.html#4.1WebInterface
>
> This is secure LDAP and here is how I exported the cert from AD
>
> 1. Go to Active Directory certificate authority MMC
> 2. right click CA -> all tasks -> backup CA
> 3. select "private key and CA certificate"
> 4. no password specific
> 5. Finish
>
> I take this and put it in
>
> /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
>
> Then I issue command
>
> update-ca-certificates
>
> It says it added a cert.
>
> I go back on foreman and try to login with AD creds. no go.
[...]

Can you provide some more details? I guess you're running Foreman on Debian /
Ubuntu?

Do you get the error message regarding untrusted / not able to verify
connection?

Perhaps some intermediate certs of your CA are missing. You can also extract the
certificates through the following way:

# echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect $DC_FQDN:636

Try to combine the intermediate and root CA certs into one file.

Cheers

Michael