+1 to everything Dominic said, plus:

> 2 - complex data types for params

As Dom said you can't do it today, but I *believe* it's being worked on, in
case that matters to you. In the meantime, for relatively trivial cases you
might also be able to do things like using a comma-separated string and
calling .split(',') on it in the template.

> 5 - Windows provisioning - anyone played with this? We use iPXE's wimboot
in Cobbler to boot into WinPE and install from there

There's a system for using wimboot with Foreman that some of the community
have been working on - see https://github.com/kireevco/wimaging and there
was a Deep Dive into it, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R8-0KAkoPc

> 7 - re Salt

Depending on exactly what you're sending to the Salt master, the
foreman_salt plugin may already handle it. Worth looking into, certainly.

Greg