Dylan,

Are you able to determine the network traffic between the server and
capsule? In general I think there are two possibilities, slow transfer of
data to the Capsule or slowness on the Capsule itself. I would recommend
checking the network speeds and the Capsule resources to see if its
constrained I/O wise or processes are eating the CPU.

Eric

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Dylan Baars <baa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have a katello 3.0.1 install with a katello capsule in our DMZ.
>
> we've noticed if we publish/promote content, the main katello server does
> this reasonably quickly, but tasks (to sync content) on the capsule are
> taking hours to complete to match the change on the main server. Does
> anyone know why this is? Can it be improved?
>
> Thanks!
> Dylan
>
> --

Eric D. Helms
Red Hat Engineering
Ph.D. Student - North Carolina State University