Found the solution, posted it on the thread I started
(https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/foreman-users/OeOvX_IBkcw):

Foreman uses a few tokens to encrypt things. There are two important ones
when building a cluster of Foreman servers:
- $foreman_home/config/initializers/encryption_key.rb - this is for
encrypting/decrypting passwords in the DB. This wasn't my issue.
- $foreman_home/tmp/secret_token.rb - this is used to sign any cookies, and
this *was* my issue. Changing that to have the same key across all my
servers seems to have fixed the issue.