From: "Edgars M." <edgars.maz...@gmail.com>
To: "Foreman users" <foreman-users@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 10:17:06 AM
Subject: [foreman-users] [Katello] Applicable vs Installable errata

Hi

I have question regarding Applicable and Installable errata on content
hosts. This is from documentation:

With regard to Content Hosts, Errata is divided into two distinct
> classifications depending on whether or not the Errata is present in the
> Content Host’s Lifecycle Environment and Content View:
>
>    - Applicable: the errata applies to one or more Content Hosts
>    - Installable: the errata applies to one or more Content Hosts and is
>    present in the Content Host’s Lifecycle Environment and Content View

As far as I understand errata which is filtered out of Content View (not
present in CV) is not Installable errata, but is Applicable errata. Am I
right? But the thing is - when I go to Content Host -> Errata, where I can
see Installable errata I see all erratas including those I have filtered
out of CV. Is it a bug and GUI shows Applicable errata instead of
Installable? Or bug in documentation?

For example, I have filtered out all kernel packages from CV. So these
packages should be Applicable but not Installable, but here is what I see:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IB4y-cgbTQo/V9a4ShuQ7JI/AAAAAAAAADM/43cr_J6ORWo6LjwIjyPLXgvgioY4Iey3QCLcB/s1600/errata.JPG>

I see all kernel packages as installable, although I have filtered them out
and when I do yum check-update they do not appear as available update.

Katello 3.1

Edgars