On 15/09/16 23:57, Joseph Cunningham wrote:
> I know this is an old thread, but following this guide, I'm getting the
> following error when attempting to run puppet agent -t on the client:
>
> Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
> Info: Retrieving plugin
> Info: Loading facts
> Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
> SERVER: no implicit conversion of nil into Hash at
> /etc/puppet/environments/production/modules/firewall_custom/manifests/init.pp:12
> on node omdapps06.mil.state.or.us
> Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
> Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
>

> Gist of init.pp is here:
> https://gist.github.com/joeywas/d8f0d676b9ef3beb54ae0d617ef69633

Line 12 is the create_resources() call, which uses $firewall_data from
the class parameter. If that is nil, then it's likely that the parameter
isn't correctly set in Foreman.

View the ENC output (the YAML button on the host page) and ensure
firewall_data is listed below the firewall_custom class name with the
YAML representing your firewall resources/rules, else ensure it's set in
the smart class parameter in Foreman.

--
Dominic Cleal
domi...@cleal.org