Hello everyone,

I'm running into to weirdness syncing repositories that I'm looking for
direction / advice on.  I'm currently using Katello 3.1 and TFM 1.12.  All of
my repositories are set to "On Demand" for their sync type.  I have the
following repos on my server:

CentOS 7 os/updates/scl/extras
OEL 7 latest and 7.2 "base"

(so there are a lot of packages with the same NVRE but different checksums)

The OEL "latest" repo contains all OEL 7 packages (not just updates).
The OEL "base" repo contains only the 7.2 release packages.

I have the OEL "base" repo syncing from a local loop-mounted ISO, and the repo
url is file:///path/to/iso.  The reason for syncing this and the "latest" repo
is because Oracle's public yum repos are not kickstart trees, and I need that
for provisioning.

The C7 and OEL7 latest repos are behaving as expected, but the OEL7 "base" repo
says "0 packages" after syncing.  However, if I look in
/var/lib/pulp/published/yum/http/repos/MyOrg/Library/custom/oel/o7base I see
all of the symlinks - albeit broken (which I think is correct because of the
"On Demand" setting).

If I attempt to kickstart a host using the "base" repo/installation media and
the "Kickstart default" provisioning template the install starts (url --url
appears to be set correctly) but when Anaconda goes to actually install the
packages it seems to fail to download them.  I can't find any better error
message than:

The following software marked for installation has errors.  This is likely
caused by an error with your installation source.

...and then it lists all of the packages.

If I point a yum client directly at the repo it appears to work fine.

If I browse to an RPM in a web browser I'm redirected to a huge URL such as:

http://katello/streamer/var/lib/pulp/content/units/rpm/cc/8145fbdf9be82f7fe0fdddd59baa9928848f385bdc30312d15128032c639ea/glib2-2.42.2-5.el7.x86_64.rpm?policy=eyJleHRlbnNpb25zIjogeyJyZW1vdGVfaXAiOiAiMTcyLjE2LjI0Ni4yNDIifSwgInJlc291cmNlIjogIi9zdHJlYW1lci92YXIvbGliL3B1bHAvY29udGVudC91bml0cy9ycG0vY2MvODE0NWZiZGY5YmU4MmY3ZmUwZmRkZGQ1OWJhYTk5Mjg4NDhmMzg1YmRjMzAzMTJkMTUxMjgwMzJjNjM5ZWEvZ2xpYjItMi40Mi4yLTUuZWw3Lng4Nl82NC5ycG0iLCAiZXhwaXJhdGlvbiI6IDE0NzQ0MDY3NjJ9;signature=eBFhBnj5ho-RAndCApPJfMGkvsfesjoDBOnjCLk8F7awaD1wE5Edv86j6tvtxXHhIAAXVhdonEGIHZJlDjOOVEMpu4-XF9I6pGPXa-Ez4NNN56_ud615QeC71kyLtkp0TeAZ8y_fZrQ-BoIWVmLyNlfLY5lkZbaF-q7hZasdCKDKsGqBbJIdeg2v11QKW2ivo9RwMGha3OMOyNYUYi0qCw6HjEs37GpWc9Jf_X8W0B5hDPVtReLpDAC2eSTCTxAoYvtP74wBCh0csxFNYAreK-bI2TR2H64MaJjNPHwmIs46YNFOrxDRCzxRUwUf7_9_q7Hsg4wdUBf81cShRKby4w%3D%3D

...and the file downloads.  The interesting thing is that that file doesn't
exist on disk
(/var/lib/pulp/content/units/rpm/cc/8145fbdf9be82f7fe0fdddd59baa9928848f385bdc30312d15128032c639ea/glib2-2.42.2-5.el7.x86_64.rpm
 in this case).

I'm really at a loss here and I'm sure that part of it is just a lack of
understanding of the innards of Pulp.  Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions
/ insight?

Thanks,