After adding the katello-client repo, it works. It might not be possible or
easy, but it would be nice if the the official RHEL client packages can
maintain compatibility with Katello.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 12:59 AM, Prasun Gera <prasun.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same problem. Server and Client are both RHEL 7. Server is
> running Katello 3.1. Client's katello-agent and related packages are from
> the Sat 6.2 client repo. Do they need to be from upstream katello ?
> Anything else that could go wrong ?
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Joseph Cunningham <joey....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Had the similar error message when applying errata:
>>
>> No handler for: {'type': u'erratum'}
>>
>>
>> Katello server is Centos 7, client is Centos 7.
>>
>> (server) Tried yum update / reboot , same error message.
>> (client) Tried yum install pulp-rpm-handlers / systemctl restart goferd
>>
>> That worked.   Was able to successfully apply errata.
>>
>> On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 4:34:39 AM UTC-7, Edgars M. wrote:
>>>
>>> Unfortunately 2.8.3 is the latest in  rhel-6-server-satellite-tools-6.2-rpms
>>> repo.
>>>
>>> Edgars
>>>
>>> otrdiena, 2016. gada 13. septembris 12:24:54 UTC+2, Pierre-Alain Pulfer
>>> rakstīja:
>>>>
>>>> On EL6, you have to upgrade pulp-rpm-handlers package too.
>>>> upgrade from 2.6.4 to 2.8.6 worked for me.
>>>>
>>>> Le vendredi 9 septembre 2016 14:50:12 UTC+2, Edgars M. a écrit :
>>>>>
>>>>> It does not work for me on RHEL6 even though yum-plugin-security is
>>>>> installed. I guess I have to wait until downstream katello-agent is 
>>>>> updated.
>>>>>
>>>>> Edgars
>>>>>
>>>>> piektdiena, 2016. gada 9. septembris 14:34:43 UTC+2, Pierre-Alain
>>>>> Pulfer rakstīja:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Solved :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> CentOS 6 :
>>>>>> yum-plugin-security was not installed.
>>>>>> Installing yum-plugin-security solved the problem for el6. Thanks !
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For CentOS 5 i had to install yum-security package.
>>>>>> These packages are not installed by default on CentOS 5 / 6.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On el7 (CentOS 7) :
>>>>>> - updated from pulp-rpm-handlers-2.6.4-1.el7.noarch to
>>>>>> pulp-rpm-handlers-2.8.6-1.el7.noarch
>>>>>> - restarted goferd
>>>>>>
>>>>>> THANKS !
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Le jeudi 8 septembre 2016 21:51:45 UTC+2, jsherril a écrit :
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On 09/06/2016 09:39 AM, Pierre-Alain Pulfer wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Same symptoms for me, after upgrading server from Katello 2.4 to 3.0
>>>>>>> Katello server is CentOS 7
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Can you ensure that the yum-plugin-security package is installed on
>>>>>>> the el6 client?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Pulp was updated to require this to improve performance and in 3.1
>>>>>>> we started requiring it with katello agent on el6 and el5.  The 'no 
>>>>>>> module
>>>>>>> named security' error tells me its probably not installed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -Justin
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On one test server (Centos 7), a "yum update" + reboot solved the
>>>>>>> problem.
>>>>>>> But on another server (CentOS 6), the same action did not solve
>>>>>>> anything.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Client log , slightly different than Edgar's log:
>>>>>>> CentOS 6, latest versions
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.connect:28 - connecting: proton+amqps://
>>>>>>>> lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.proton.connection:87 - open: URL: amqps://
>>>>>>>> lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647|SSL: ca: 
>>>>>>>> /etc/rhsm/ca/katello-default-ca.pem|key:
>>>>>>>> None|certificate: /etc/pki/consumer/bundle.pem|host-validation:
>>>>>>>> None
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0] root:510 -
>>>>>>>> connecting to lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647...
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.proton.connection:92 - opened:
>>>>>>>> proton+amqps://lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.connect:30 - connected: proton+amqps://
>>>>>>>> lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0] root:539 -
>>>>>>>> connected to lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:18 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.rmi.dispatcher:603 - call: Content.install()
>>>>>>>> sn=4815f76e-70d9-4df3-a8fc-d6d76c895353 data={u'task_id':
>>>>>>>> u'3e23e6be-69f7-4adf-96b6-cef334c1e8b9', u'consumer_id':
>>>>>>>> u'f33175e5-47c5-406f-9c71-16132eda4bae'}
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 - handler "rpm", import failed
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 - Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp/agent/lib/container.py", line 284, in __load
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -     mod = self.__import_module(path)
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp/agent/lib/container.py", line 313, in __import_module
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -     mod = __import__(path[0], globals(),
>>>>>>>> locals(), [path[-1]])
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -   File 
>>>>>>>> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pulp_rpm/handlers/rpm.py",
>>>>>>>> line 9, in <module>
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -     from pulp_rpm.handlers.rpmtools 
>>>>>>>> import
>>>>>>>> Package, PackageGroup, ProgressReport
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp_rpm/handlers/rpmtools.py", line 28, in <module>
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 -     import security
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.container:290 - ImportError: No module named
>>>>>>>> security
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 - handler failed
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 - Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp/agent/lib/dispatcher.py", line 60, in install
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -     handler = self.__handler(type_id,
>>>>>>>> CONTENT)
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp/agent/lib/dispatcher.py", line 330, in __handler
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -     raise HandlerNotFound(type=type_id)
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 - HandlerNotFound: No handler for: 
>>>>>>>> {'type':
>>>>>>>> u'erratum'}
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.agent.rmi:193 - Request: 4815f76e-70d9-4df3-a8fc-d6d76c895353,
>>>>>>>> committed
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:19 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.agent.rmi:147 - Request: 4815f76e-70d9-4df3-a8fc-d6d76c895353
>>>>>>>> processed in: 2.007 (seconds)
>>>>>>>> Aug 26 11:32:20 lslpput01 goferd: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.proton.connection:131 - closed:
>>>>>>>> proton+amqps://lslkatp01.mydomain.com:5647
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> server and client have been restarted.
>>>>>>> Version mismatch on client after upgrading katello agent ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Le mercredi 31 août 2016 15:37:08 UTC+2, Edgars M. a écrit :
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I am trying to apply some errata patches from web gui to client
>>>>>>>> node. Katello agent is installed and running. But unfortunately it 
>>>>>>>> fails.
>>>>>>>> This is error log from goferd.service on client:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:16 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.connect:28 - connecting:
>>>>>>>> proton+amqps://katello.local:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:16 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.proton.connection:87 - open: URL:
>>>>>>>> amqps://katello.local:5647|SSL: ca: 
>>>>>>>> /etc/rhsm/ca/katello-default-ca.pem|key:
>>>>>>>> None|certificate: /etc/pki/consumer/bundle.pem|host-validation:
>>>>>>>> None
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:16 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0] root:490 -
>>>>>>>> connecting to katello.local:5647...
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:17 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.proton.connection:92 - opened:
>>>>>>>> proton+amqps://katello.local:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:17 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.connect:30 - connected:
>>>>>>>> proton+amqps://katello.local:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:17 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0] root:512 -
>>>>>>>> connected to katello.local:5647
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.rmi.dispatcher:603 - call: Content.install()
>>>>>>>> sn=ba061a76-efa8-4261-aa2f-3de90aa8ac83 data={u'task_id':
>>>>>>>> u'f50849b9-1862-4929-a1f8-e3fff00ca9d4', u'consumer_id':
>>>>>>>> u'22a8cf78-17ac-4c76-bbca-770892211482'}
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vm-node goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 - handler failed
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 - Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp/agent/lib/dispatcher.py", line 60, in install
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -     handler = self.__handler(type_id,
>>>>>>>> CONTENT)
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packa
>>>>>>>> ges/pulp/agent/lib/dispatcher.py", line 330, in __handler
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 -     raise HandlerNotFound(type=type_id)
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [ERROR][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> pulp.agent.lib.dispatcher:65 - HandlerNotFound: No handler for: 
>>>>>>>> {'type':
>>>>>>>> u'erratum'}
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.agent.rmi:193 - Request: ba061a76-efa8-4261-aa2f-3de90aa8ac83,
>>>>>>>> committed
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:18 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.agent.rmi:147 - Request: ba061a76-efa8-4261-aa2f-3de90aa8ac83
>>>>>>>> processed in: 2.506 (seconds)
>>>>>>>> Aug 31 15:32:19 vmnode goferd[21947]: [INFO][worker-0]
>>>>>>>> gofer.messaging.adapter.proton.connection:131 - closed:
>>>>>>>> proton+amqps://katello.local:5647
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Any idea what is wrong?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Edgars
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>>> Groups "Foreman users" group.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>>> send an email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>>> To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
>>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Foreman users" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to foreman-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Foreman users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to foreman-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to