I have a UCS instance with a nic trunked to a pair of vlans, one for
provisioning  (vlan1) and one for primary service (vlan 101)

My expectation:
- all pxe/provision activity happens over nic1/vlan1, while a nic1.101
sysconfig file is created to define the primary interface.

My result:
- no matter how I configure this, I end up with a system trying to use
nic1.101 dns servers during provisioning, and fails. Further inspection
shows "only one interface found" during boot - it's like the virtual nic
isn't being recognized, even though I've configured it with the appropriate
vlan tag and listed the parent eth0.

I understand that nic1.101 has to be flagged as "managed" in order for
foreman to configure it - but that seems to lead to all sorts of other
issues, including registration of DNS (which I don't want) being attempted
and failing.

How do I achieve the result I'm looking for?