On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 1:39:01 PM UTC+5:30, Anurag Patel wrote:

> Irgendwann am Tue, Oct 04, 2016 um 05:33:22PM -0700, schrieb Poornima
> Kshirsagar:
> > Hi Team,
> >

> > I'm having problems installing Foreman 1.12 on a fresh installation RHEL
> 7
> > following the Quickstart instructions for "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7,
> > x86_64".
> >
> > Below command :
> >
> > # yum-config-manager --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
> > # yum repolist
> > Loaded plugins: search-disabled-repos
> > repolist: 0
> >
> > Is there a alternate way to enable optional repository ?
>
> Since you're using RHEL 7, you might have to use subscription-manager
> to enable/disable repos. Try:
>
> # subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
>
> and see?
>
> Anurag

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for the reply,

I tried your suggestion
~~~
 subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
Error: rhel-7-server-optional-rpms is not a valid repository ID. Use --list
option to see valid repositories.
~~~
This needs RHEL subscription :

subscription-manager list

Starts:
Ends:

Product Name:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
Product ID:     69
Version:        7.2
Arch:           x86_64
Status Details: Not supported by a valid subscription.
Starts:
Ends:

well registering the system also didnot work , However I am able to get
other repos for foreman
~~~
# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: search-disabled-repos
repo id                                                                repo
name
                status
epel/x86_64
 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64
                     10,635
foreman/x86_64
Foreman 1.12
                        443
foreman-plugins/x86_64
Foreman plugins 1.12
                        253
puppetlabs-pc1/x86_64
 Puppet Labs PC1 Repository el 7 - x86_64
                         94
repolist: 11,425
~~~
Since optional channel is not configured this is failing to install
foreman-installer itself due to missing dependency for ruby .

Thanks
Poornima