I've been trying to setup a foreman installation with a separate
puppetmaster/puppetca host. I've installed a full foreman installation on
one server, and then followed the instructions from the "Setting up Foreman
with external Puppet masters" section of the documentation, including
generating ssl certs on the original server and copying them over to the
new proxy server. If I follow those directions, I can setup an external
puppetmaster that works fine, but if I want to also make that into a
puppetca server by setting: 'puppet-server-ca=true' and
'foreman-proxy-puppetca=true', then I run into ssl errors when attempting
to import classes from the puppet proxy/ca server, or even just running
'puppet agent -t' on the puppetmaster/ca proxy server.

The error in the proxy.log on the proxy server is:
"[2016-10-14T22:11:25.305337 #3733] ERROR -- : Failed to list puppet
environments: SSL_connect SYSCALL returned=5 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read
finished A"

Are there additional steps that I need to take in regards to the ssl
certificates in order to make this work?

I'm using 1.13 on both servers