External certs don't work correctly. Its an outstanding issue. Somewhere on
foreman's issue tracker is a ticket talking about this. I outlined a few
things I did, but found out that at least one step breaks another further
downstream.

Basically comes down to the fact that Katello needs to build two top-level
CAs and use them accordingly one for the "custom" certs and one for the
"default" based certs. Until that happens I don't see all the cert issues
being resolved correctly.

For example, I have a working instance after some cert shuffling and root
CA updates. But the moment I installed the components for docker image
repositories, the $capsule:5000 vhost has the wrong cert chain.