When creating an EC2 compute profile I am correctly given the choice of the
security groups for the subnet.[1]

After selecting one of them and clicking submit I am only able to create
hosts in the default sg, similarly going back to the compute profile only
displays the default sg[2] until I change the subnet. I'm currently running
1.14-rc3 but saw the same behavior with 1.13

Has anyone else seen this and found a solution? I'm guessing it is related
to this ticket: http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/12042 but there is no
information other then that security groups don't really work when VPCs are
involved.

1. http://imgur.com/KZjvv4U
2. http://imgur.com/GQx3LWX