Hi,
'foreman-installer --upgrade-puppet' will take care of most of the things that
are listed in foreman wiki. There are just some additional parameters that need
to be changed.

For the workflow: I ran --upgrade-puppet and afterwards I ran foreman-installer
again to reset answers to their "new" settings or change some that
--upgrade-puppet didn't change. I'm not sure if my list is complete but it was
sufficient for my foreman/katello usage.

My full workflow was something along these lines (including katello update from
3.1 to 3.2)
#https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/17639
mkdir /var/lib/tftpboot/grub2
mkdir /var/lib/tftpboot/grub
chown -R foreman-proxy:foreman-proxy /var/lib/tftpboot
foreman-installer -v --scenario katello --upgrade
vim /usr/share/katello-installer-base/hooks/pre/31-upgrade-puppet.rb
# --> add puppet-agent-oauth or
https://github.com/Katello/katello-installer/pull/467

vim /usr/share/katello-installer-base/modules/certs/manifests/candlepin.pp
# http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18129

rm /usr/share/katello-installer-base/hooks/pre/29-remove_package_httpd_conf.rb
/usr/share/katello-installer-base/hooks/post/29-create_package_httpd_conf.rb
# http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18132

foreman-installer --upgrade-puppet

systemctl stop puppetserver
/usr/sbin/usermod -d /opt/puppetlabs/server/data/puppetserver puppet
systemctl start puppetserver

foreman-installer -v --scenario katello \
--reset-foreman-proxy-puppetdir \
--reset-foreman-proxy-puppetrun-cmd \
--reset-foreman-proxy-puppetca-cmd \
--reset-foreman-proxy-plugin-pulp-puppet-content-dir \
--reset-foreman-puppet-home \
--reset-foreman-puppet-ssldir \
--reset-foreman-proxy-puppet-ssl-ca \
--reset-foreman-proxy-puppet-ssl-cert \
--reset-foreman-proxy-puppet-ssl-key \
--foreman-proxy-puppetssh-command "/opt/puppetlabs/bin/puppet agent --onetime
--no-usecacheonfailure --no-daemonize --no-splay" \
--foreman-proxy-ssldir /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl

I use theforeman-puppet for my configuration. After the puppet4 upgrade I had
to add those additional parameters for my foreman server:
    server_foreman_ssl_ca: "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/ssl_ca.pem"
    server_foreman_ssl_cert: "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/client_cert.pem"
    server_foreman_ssl_key: "/etc/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/client_key.pem"

For my puppet capsules I chose not to upgrade them, I rather reinstalled them.
I did run into more issues there but thats because I run pulp/puppet on
different capsules rather than both on one capsule:
http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/17605
http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18185
http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18182

The pulp capsules just work after I applied
http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/17605
foreman-installer --scenario capsule --upgrade --capsule-certs-tar certs.tar
--certs-update-all --certs-regenerate true --certs-deploy true

I think thats all :)

Greetings
Klaas Demter

ATIX - The Linux & Open Source Company