Hello,

in this case you want to leave default kickstart template "network"
configuration as is and only change post configuration for network:

https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates/blob/develop/provisioning_templates/snippet/kickstart_networking_setup.erb

This is a snippet that is inserted into default kickstart:

<%= snippet 'kickstart_networking_setup' %>

You perhaps want to create new snippet and configure your cards to
your needs. That's the easiest method.

You an also provide some flag (host parameter) that will override the
default behavior and configure NIC as static, then you can add this
parameter to hostgroup or something. You can do pretty much anything
you want.

But if you want to start with PXE and then "switch" to static at some
point, Foreman itself does not support that. You can use Bootdisk
instead of PXE which will work with static IP allocations tho.

LZ

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Edward Clay <edward.c...@uk2group.com> wrote:
> Hello,  I am trying to figure out how to best configure my katello/foreman
> provisioning kickstart template to configure a system with 2 NIC's.  One nic
> is configured for private communication via a non routable ip range.  We can
> assign these IPs via dhcpd which we then use for doing the provisioning
> process via a local OS repo hosted on the katello/foreman server.  The
> second NIC is publicly accessible and is assigned statically.  What I'm not
> sure how to do is pxe booting via the private interface (currently done by
> assigning via dhcpd) and configuring both NIC via static assignment after
> the provisioning process is complete.  It seems like I had this working but
> it's been a long time since I tinkered with this so my memory could be
> wrong.  I believe this line was working in the past.
>
> network --bootproto <%= dhcp ? 'dhcp --nodefroute' : "static
> --ip=#{@host.ip} --netmask=#{subnet.mask} --gateway=#{subnet.gateway}
> --nameserver=#{[subnet.dns_primary,
> subnet.dns_secondary].select(&:present?).join(',')}" %> --hostname <%= @host
> %><%= os_major >= 6 ? " --device=#{@host.mac}" : '' -%>
>
> I've configured the private NIC as Managed and Provision while the Public
> NIC is configured as Primary.
>
> Are there any working solutions out there for this scenario?
>
> --

Later,
  Lukas @lzap Zapletal