Hello Tim,

sorry for the delay of my answer but August was DebConf and vacation...

On Fri, 07 Aug 2015, Tim wrote:
> I finally had a chance to take another crack at this.  I've attempted
> to address all of the items listed above.  I integrated your guys' soname

So we tried to update the package but failed rather miserably:
- first your version number generator is broken since it tries to embed a
  SVN revision number that no longer exists now that you migrated on
  GitHub (we worked around that by dropping that part of the version)
- then the package fails to build for us with "scons" 3.6 that is present
  in unstable... somehow it tries to install the library in the target
  where we are trying to build it. I did not understand why...

I stopped at that point and could not review how the result would
have looked.

We also noticed that the GitHub is a not very useful import of the SVN
repository... it's not possible to use git archive to export a copy of
reglookup because the repository contains more than this and the reglookup
source code is one level deeper (in trunk).

> I did not integrate the other patch that strips python installs, since
> users need that if they compile from source.  Can you simply run these
> two targest to achieve the same result?
>  scons install_bin
>  scons install_lib

Sure, that's possible.