On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 19:21:35 -0200 Eriberto wrote:

> It not seems a code without a source code. The code can't be
> regenerated from a configure.ac but it can be modified to work if it
> is necessary. It is similar to a traditional configure file, made by
> hand. I can't see a real problem here. IMO, there is an editable
> source code and is all right.

The file in question is clearly generated from something else:

    # Generated automatically using autoconf version 2.12

Looks like it is generated from a configure.in file:

    # Any additions from configure.in:
    ac_help="$ac_help
      --enable-shared         build shared library using GNU libtool"
    ac_help="$ac_help
      --enable-static         build static library using GNU libtool"
    ac_help="$ac_help
      --enable-maxmem[=N]     enable use of temp files, set max mem usage to N
MB"
    ac_help="$ac_help
    "

https://sources.debian.net/src/outguess/1:0.2-8/jpeg-6b-steg/configure

Helmut is correct, this is a violation of DFSG item 2 and the
ftp-master policy on generated files.

https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html
https://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

> I think that are several similar packages in Debian.

Please name them so that RC bugs can be filed.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise