Thanks Andreas - I'd tried that but my problem was I had previously been
using urls to populate a RichFaces DropDownMenu as per:

.../spring/foo/bar

ie. thats without the 'flows' path

I'd only arrived at that approach by inspecting the DynamicMenu class
generated for the jscookmenu and so figured the 'flows' part must be
redundant ... but more recently when I'd then tried that with the custom
flow it wouldn't resolve.

So just now I've tried the url for custom flow with 'flows' included and it
works fine as per your message ie. .../spring/flows/foo/bar

I still don't understand why the explicitly registered flows work regardless
of whether 'flows' is included in the url but I'm just happy having a
solution :jumping:

Thanks again