My intuitive recommendation is that you should use seperate representations
in the different systems. More flexible and less dependencies between them.

I think it is bad to share db between systems. Each should own it's data,
but replication (via message bus) might be needed. Each system can store
it's own representation. Only one should be master (responsible for updating
data).

In ddd terms this is about different bounded contexts and anti-corruption
layer. This is absolutely not the only ddd strategic design pattern. Read
more in the ddd book or in this article
http://www.infoq.com/articles/ddd-contextmapping

/Patrik