Le 25/03/2024 à 23:30, Harald Anlauf a écrit :
On 3/25/24 12:53 PM, Harald Anlauf wrote:

(...)

One failure after fixing all the spaces ( sed is our friend ).

FAIL: gfortran.dg/inline_matmul_1.f90   -O0   scan-tree-dump-times optimized
"_gfortran_matmul" 0

This does actually point to an issue with the testcase:
it only works properly with optimization enabled.

Manual inspection of this test and the expected dump suggests
that e.g. -O1 could have been added to the dg-options directive.

Shouldn't we fix at least the dg-options of that testcase?

For what it's worth, the scan-tree-dump-times directive can be conditionalized on target __OPTIMIZE__, so that it's active with optimization and inactive with -O0. This would make the test pass regardless of compiler flags.
Of course if the goal is lowering the test execution time, it wouldn't help.

(...)

I find it somewhat unsatisfactory though, to have a behavior of the
testsuite harness that is so intranparent.

Agreed.