On 01/22/2016 11:11 AM, Jan Sindberg wrote:
> I am using ApacheDS. I export via Apache Studio and try to import in another
> ApacheDS. It gives a lot of errors, but it is doable if it is set to continue
> on error and I import several times.
> Is there a better way to move a setup from one to another?
> From what I found on google it sounds like the LDIF should be sorted before
> import, but I did not find a tool for that. Is there a tool in Fortress to
> read out all A/RBAC information to an xml-file like the ones used for initial
> setup?

There is an existing issue for that:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-801

However the discussion turned from "hierarchical sort" (DNs with lower
RDN count first aka parents first) to "proper RDN sorting". I think the
former is easier to implement, but for large exports that don't fit into
memory require double disk space and multiple passes.

Kind Regards,
Stefan