On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 09:24:42AM +0100, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> Dear Kashyap,
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:53:15AM +0530, Dr. Kashyap Rajeevsarathy wrote:
> > Dear Forum,
> >
> > There seems to be some problem factoring rational polynomials using ALNUTH.
> > Please glance through the following examples and let me know if I am doing
> > something wrong, of if there is a problem with the package installation:
>
> Do you have PARI/GP installed on your machine?
> (this probably will be not easy, if at all possible, on a Windows
> machine, but easy to install on Linux or OSX)

This should be easy on Windows too: just downlad the stand-alone
GP binary from http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/download.html#windows
and make sure AL_EXECUTABLE is set to the path to the GP binary.

If you use Linux, your distribution should include a pari-gp package.
If you use Mac OS X, your best bet is to use brew (which include pari).

Cheers,
Bill.