As I reported via several bug reports and discussions in the Bug Report forum, I
have been experiencing *very* frequent crashes and corrupted data events with
all of the V5 builds.  I rarely was able to run for over 24 hours without
experiencing one of these events.

In an attempt to return to a usable version of PsPad, I downloaded and installed
V4.6.2, build 2750 (the most recent V4 build).  I brought it online without
copying *anything* from the V5 build, to avoid any cross-contamination.

The preliminary result of this experiment is that I have now run 5 days without
a single issue or bug of *any* sort!!  I have typically had about 12 files open,
maximum was 18 for a few hours, currently I have 6 open.  I have not closed and
restarted PsPad4 even once during this time.  It is running like the PsPad of
old !!!!

Unfortunately, a handful of features in V4 don't work quite the same as V5, but
that's a discussion for another topic...

Welcome back, PsPad !!!   I have soooooooooooooo missed you !!!

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,70076,70076>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com

Odpovedet emailem