PSpad didn't detect changes on FTP server.
I can't imagine that I will check and download very big file listing from FTP
server, reconect to few another servers, cause you can work with documents in
several FTP servers together and check if file on FTP side was changed.
Especially when some FTP servers don't provide exact file date time.

If you change the file on the background, you know you did it.
If somebody else changes files you are editing on the background, than you
should change your work style, cause FTP isn't good place for working together
on the same files and there should be some step (versioning system) between real
files and your modifications.

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?6,73545,73567>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com