Hello gwinkless.

I also find the file tab behavior given by Microsoft very irritating. If I click
on a tab in row 1 and the whole row is pushed all the way down, then that is
irritating ;-)

As a workaround I use :
"Settings" / "Program Settings" / "Program (part 1)" => "File Tabs Style:" "Flat
buttons"

Advantage: The rows are NOT moved when you click on a tab!

Disadvantages: The buttons are ugly and need more space horizontally.

Maybe Jan can replace the buttons with labels, if we ask nicely? :) Labels look
modern and pretty and are not so high. [color=#808080](I don't remember, had I
already made the request?)[/color].

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,75782,75808>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com