pspad:
Do you mean open text with 2 separate window and synchronize content? What for
is it?

I know this behavior from Microsoft Word. Word can open and automatically
refresh different document windows while started as single instance.

I would use it when working on big code files to have one ore more little
additional windows with another piece from the same code file. Ideally on
another monitor.

Why splitting the window isn't such a good solution for me?
When splitting the window horizontally the code segment I work on becomes small.
When splitting vertically the visible line length becomes short.
When splitting vertically and making the window bigger (over two monitors) the
toolbars and the menu becomes far from the edit position.

A separate window is just the best way to control size and position of an
additional code snippet without touching the main working window.

Thanks for considering this option. I do understand, that probably it's not
implementable with the current thread model.

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,77220,77248>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com

Odpovedet emailem