extrn:
When I try to execute a command

> pspad -F text_to_search filename.txt

to open another file while pspad process is already running, the command line
options are interpreted as file names.
So pspad tries to open files "-F", "text_to_search" and "filename.txt"

if the process is not running, the command line options work as expected.

I just test it. It works for me even PSpad isn't running or is already running
and file is/isn't open

You can prevent all problems with your command line parameters to write at least
PSPad.exe, not pspad only and the best is to use whole path to pspad.exe and to
your files. If there is long path with spaces, use quotes.

Imagine:
PSpad is running. You call PSPad with some parameters without any paths.
Windows starts new PSpad instance with parameters you sent. PSPad must send
parameters into existing instance but their work directory is different.

Try to use your examples and use at least pspad.exe

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,77252,77275>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com

Odpovedet emailem