pspad:
Hello, there is no problem to remove Ctrl+Z (1A) from HEX file detection. I
will do it for next build.

Automatic binary file detection is something what offer PSPad above the normal
usage, it's not normal text editor functionality.
Thanks for considering this.

I have no problem with the basic concept of implementing binary file detection
and to switch in Hex mode for that. That is in fact a feature that I use on a
lot of occasions, as that allows me to avoid opening up another program to
inspect a file in hex mode.

It's just that I am working with computers (and programming) long enough that I
don't consider a text file ending with a Ctrl-Z (or padded to a 128-bytes sector
with 1Ah, in case of a lot of files that come out of an LBR archive file)
something unusual. I think this is just a special case that should be considered
as such. It is just rather unfortunate that there are a lot of people (no
personal offense intended, to make this crystal clear) that just don't recall
the days when dealing with Ctrl-Z was a normal occurrence, even when DOS didn't
need it anymore, at least since v2.0. And even Linux fanbois complain about it,
even though Ctrl-Z in pretty much all shell implementations has a special
meaning as well. Unfortunate signs of "modern" times.

Again, thanks for considering this,

Ralf

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,77687,77725>