vbr:
Hi,
I can confirm, there are two "XML" items in the highlighters list and
highlighters settings.
The first one is placed alphabetically, where "RSS" could be and it is then
associated with the RSS context file.

I don't remember messing with these settings myself (not editting RSS files).

Both XML settings seem to be clones - with the same settings, file-mask etc.;
Interestingly, it is possible, to change some of the settings individually (e.g.
colour), but after a new start of PSPad identical settings are loaded again.

However, the unwanted items can be unchecked in the highlighters setting (or
even deleted from the PSPad.ini ?), which should solve the mentioned
mismatches.
(PSPad 5.0.7. 747)

hth,
  vbr

First of all thanks for verifying that someone else sees this too. I was kind of
surprised no one else seemed to have this issue and that was messing with my
head.

Unchecking the incorrect XML item or deleting the RSS.def file didn't help.
There just ended up being no clips defined at all for XML files.

I'm not sure how the various INI files link up, or how this all works. It would
be nice to get a solution, or at least an explanation for what's going on.

Steve

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?2,77874,77912>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com