This is a nasty bug:
When I type a "x" somewhere into a new line of PHP code and wait a moment to get
the Autocomplete window popping up, the compile button becomes disabled/inactive
in the moment, when I remove the Autocomplete window again, e.g. by clicking
with mouse into code, hitting Enter or ESC.
To activate the button again, I have to open "Highlight Settings" once and close
the window again.
Apparently this happens only, when the PHP file is using the "HTML
multihighligther". In this case, the button should be either always enabled,
always disabled, or when hit a window should pop up giving instructions on what
to do.

I will send you a short video via email clip documenting it.

Btw: For "HTML multihighligther" the proper English spelling would be "HTML
Multi-Highlighter".

--
<https://forum.pspad.com/read.php?6,78195,78214>
PSPad freeware editor https://www.pspad.com