There are no restrictions on ordering for completion of successful requests. When a drive decides to process and complete a request is implementation dependent (and justly so).

NCQ is the same.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis Moore
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 11:29 AM
To: Forum@t13.org
Subject: [t13] Queuing

As I recall when overlap/queuing was proposed for ATA devices (X3T10-95-258) that the handling of command reordering was left to the drive with no restrictions. It was the equivalent of SCSI task attribute SIMPLE and mode UNRESTRICTED. I can't find anything in current documentation that confirms or denies that. Are drives that support queuing today doing unrestricted reordering? Are SATA NCQ devices going to do unrestricted reordering? Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks,