I have a question on the operation of WRITE UNCORRECTABLE EXT when logging is disabled.  When logging is enabled, I believe that errors due to reading are logged in the (Extended) SMART Comprehensive Error Log.  However, if the sector was wronged and logging is disabled, when a SMART test of any kind encounters one of these sectors, does SMART continue on and ignore the error or does the error get logged anyway.

The text of the command is not very clear in this area.  I think the error should appear in the self-test log, but not in the comprehensive error log.  Anybody else got any ideas?

Curtis E. Stevens

20511 Lake Forest Drive #C-214D

Lake Forest, California 92630

Phone: 949-672-7933