Hello

Android Nougat has now been released with its ability to utilize raw GNSS data.The api for the GnssMeasurement class is at https://developer.android.com/reference/android/location/GnssMeasurement.html

Details of the next Google phone, the Pixel that replaces the Nexus moniker, will be announced on October 4 and the Pixel phones are expected to be available on October 20.

One can but presume that the GNSS chips included in the Pixel phones will allow raw output so that the GnssMeasurement class can be utilized.

One can also only presume that an app to utilize the GnssMeasurement output will be included.We can but speculate what the capabilities of the app will be, will it permit RTK streamed input? PPP streamed input? satellite provided augmentation including SBAS, QZSS, Baidou, Galileo and IRNSS?Will it flexible enough to automagically swap between RTK “over the phone” mode and PPP “satellite augmentation” mode if the phone data connection drops for some time?Alternately will it be smart enough to swap in and out of Gyroscope utilization to keep position?Will it be smart enough to retain and utilize the best information available if it swaps between modes, such as in Australia hold & utilize the downloaded Ionospheric correction for some time whilst utilizing the QZSS augmentation information for satellite positions and clocks?

If anyone with an ear closer to the manufacturers/developers hears anything I am sure we would all appreciate any titbits of info that can be shared.

Thanks

Glenn Thorpe