On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Diwash Pradhan <diwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> True Very True, But it's not so simple at the beginning, I tried it before
> with red hat but due lack of knowledge and unavailability of the net i
> couldn't  .. currently i am currently trying again to migrate to linux (but
> ubuntu) , i tried it for a month in Vmware, i became some wat comfortable
> and now i am trying it in the desktop, (my laptop still runs win7, but will
> soon dual boot)
>
> In beginning it seems all so different even doing simple stuffs, Still i
> haven't got the hang of it. If it's so confusing for me, basic users might
> just give up .. so i think support is the main thing ....
>
> Thanks to FossNepal Group, which will always be behind my back I and few of
> my friends switched to Linux(not completely yet)..
>
> If there would have been basic courses of linux in schools and colleges, i
> am sure it wouldn't create a great impact..

Linux is open and free too. I hope you know the meaning of open and free by
this time.
If you are not accessed to internet you are surely to have many issues
questions and lack of support while working with linux.
But if you can manage time to access to internet at least a couple of hour a
week you can always download and print some tutorials, e-books etc and then
can help yourself offline.

here is a gift for you.
Download Ubuntu Guide from here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/pdf/ubuntu/C/desktopguide.pdf

> If you wish you can also download this Pocket Reference

http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/download_main.html

above guides will help you with any version of ubuntu with little or no
changes.
If you are particular with LTS 10.04 then you can make a download of this
guide
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/download-free-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx-pdf-guide.html

For further queries,
feel free to post. :)