On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 1:12 AM, Ross Berteig <r...@cheshireeng.com> wrote:

> However, if the targeted repository is not writable to the process that is
> running fossil http to handle the request, SQLITE quite properly has a
> problem with that and the request fails with status 500.

i didn't think that was much of a deal until...

> RESULT: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 23:45:52 GMT

p":1454111143,"user":"Ross","comment":"initial empty
> check-in","tags":["trunk"]}]}}SQLITE_NOTICE: delayed 1375ms for
> lock/sharing conflict at line 39704
> SQLITE_CANTOPEN: os_win.c:39711: (5)
> winOpen(c:\Users\Ross\Documents\tmp\ftest\json\.rep.fossil) - Access is
> denied.
>
> I'm not certain what the right action (if any) is here.

Agreed :/.

AH - now i remember... that problem was discovered before, but not a
solution:

http://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/artifact/18266f277275d058aadb979b74c8b3af7791d649?txt=1&ln=932-939

> But is it a problem?
>
> Is there an attack vector here?

Best to avoid it. i'm not sure if we can figure out 'is this json mode'
before sqlite3_config() is run for the first time, though (see comments at
the above link).

> Do other JSON requests also exhibit this behavior?

Certainly.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/