On 2/28/17, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> (4) There are no hash options.  You cannot choose to use any hash
> algorithm other than SHA3-256 for new content.
>
> (6) The only complication to upgrading is that you need to update all
> of your fossil (or fossil.exe) binaries to version 2.0 at the same
> time.

Maybe a better approach is for Fossil 2.0 to use SHA3 hashes for new
content if and only if the repository already contains some other SHA3
content.  If a repository is still 100% SHA1, Fossil will not change
that.  But once a single SHA3 artifact gets into the repository, all
new content becomes SHA3.  This would allow Fossil 2.0 and Fossil 1.x
to collaborate and continue to work together on the same repositories.

Then after a month or so we can release Fossil 2.1, in which all new
content is always SHA3.

Perhaps this would make the upgrade path easier.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org