Trunk now contains a "Security Audit" page whose purpose is to review
the countless settings and configuration options in Fossil and try to
sniff out undesirable misconfigurations.  The security-audit page is
only viewable by administrators, so as not to be a resource for
vandals.

The idea is to provide administrators with a simple one-stop place to
check for configuration errors in a Fossil server setup.  A quick
glance at the Security Audit page should give an administrator high
confidence that they did everything correctly and that their Fossil
server setup meets their security requirements.

The current implementation only checks a few simple things that came
quickly to my mind.  And I have a few more things jotted down but not
yet committed to code.  See comments in  the implementation at
https://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/file/src/security_audit.c for
details.

Ideally, this page should check many, many things.  The more the
better, it seems to me.

Suggestions for new things to check are welcomed.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org