I will accept check-ins to a branch that invoke the fossil_pledge(X,Y)
utility function.  The fossil_pledge(X,Y) function is a macro that
evaluates to a no-op except when compiled with -DFOSSIL_HAVE_PLEDGE.
If the FOSSIL_HAVE_PLEDGE macro is defined, then a routine is called
when invokes pledge() and errors out if there is a problem.

See check-in https://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/info/7b81a9993b4c8192

I was unable to fully test the patch above because the only OpenBSD
system I have access to is a login on devio.us and that machine is
running OpenBSD 5.8 and pledge() is only available in 5.9 and later.

Please note that you will need to submit a Contributors License
Agreement
(https://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/doc/trunk/www/copyright-release.pdf)
 in order to be able to commit to Fossil.  See
https://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/doc/trunk/www/contribute.wiki for
additional information.

Also note that the patch to submit_cmd() shown below is incorrect.  It
adds code before variable declarations, which is legal in newer
versions of C (I forget exactly when that feature was added) but
Fossil needs to be able to build on systems with older C compilers
that require all variable declarations to occur before any code within
the block.

On 1/15/18, Christian Stærk <x...@borderworlds.dk> wrote:
> On 01/14/18 18:06, Richard Hipp wrote:
>
>> On 1/14/18, Christian Stærk <x...@borderworlds.dk> wrote:
>>> What do you think? Is this desirable?
>>>
>> I'm certainly willing to consider it, but I want to see some examples
>> before committed to this path.
> As for pledge, it is a fairly simple interface. Online man page is here:
> https://man.openbsd.org/pledge.2
>
> I wrote a small wrapper for fossil as a sort of proof of concept and to
> get a better feel for the pledge interface:
> https://borderworlds.dk/~xi/fossil-wrapper.c.txt
>
> I tried to add a pledge-call for the status_cmd() function:
> https://borderworlds.dk/~xi/fossil-pledge.diff.txt
>
> As the code is, it looks like the entire range of syscalls initially
> allowed are neccesary all the way through the function. :-/
>
> Best regards
> Christian

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org