Mark,

Thanks for the reply

1. type of system: debian or ?
<<tjm>> Fedora 10
2. Version of the software
<<tjm>> 1.0.0
3. Where is it installed?  e.g. /usr/local or /usr... the first is a
source install, the second is a debian package install.
<<tjm>>  /usr/local ... source install
4. To make sure I understand your problem:
    - You cannot upload with cp2foss OR the UI when the source is a
source tree.  So let's say this directory is called Src and the sources
are all under it. Correct?
<<tjm>> correct
    - What are the permissions, owner and group for the 'Src' directory?

    - If the sources are tar'ed up and placed under the Src directory,
they can be uploaded by cp2foss and/or the UI. Correct?
<<tjm>> Correct but only when using a /* at the end of the source path
---- in the documentation it does not include a /* at the end of the
path....   I needed to add this to both the UI path entry and the cp2foss
command line entry.   Without this I receive the "FATAL:
'/cp2foss-4a2bbb8724clb.tar' does not exist."
So I'm really only having trouble with the non-tar source tree....
    - Who is the user when running cp2foss and what groups are they in?
<<tjm>> user:  fossy

Tom Murray
Senior Systems Engineer

Eastman Kodak Company

thomas.j.mur...@kodak.com wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I have the same problem as Dan.
>
> We have a standard Fossology install --- receiving the same error when
> trying to cp2foss for a source tree directory ----  using cp2foss in
> the same path for a single tar file works fine.....
>
> Tom Murray
Tom,

Thanks for letting me know this.  Maybe you can help me help you.  I
need more details as I have not been able to reliably reproduce this.
Here is what I need:
1. type of system: debian or ?
2. Version of the software
3. Where is it installed?  e.g. /usr/local or /usr... the first is a
source install, the second is a debian package install.
4. To make sure I understand your problem:
    - You cannot upload with cp2foss OR the UI when the source is a
source tree.  So let's say this directory is called Src and the sources
are all under it. Correct?
    - What are the permissions, owner and group for the 'Src' directory?
    - If the sources are tar'ed up and placed under the Src directory,
they can be uploaded by cp2foss and/or the UI. Correct?
    - Who is the user when running cp2foss and what groups are they in?

Thanks for supplying the above information.  It will help me greatly in
investigating this problem.

Sorry you have had problems with FOSSology.

--
Mark Donohoe
MOST/OSTT, Cupertino CA.

<<image/gif>>