On Aug 13, 2009, at 7:37 AM, Benson, Channing D wrote:

Greetings,

I've added (and checked in) some diagnostic code to the fo_nomos agent to help figure out why nothing seems to happen when it is invoked from the ui.

When fo_nomos starts up, it touches the file /tmp/nomos_start. When it's run from the scheduler, it also touches /tmp/nomos_sched_run.

What I'm seeing is that when you do a "fossology-scheduler -t", those files do indeed get touched. But when you do a file upload and check the "Schedule Nomos License Analysis" checkbox, those files do not get touched, which indicates that even though it shows up in the job queue, the fo_nomos program is not getting run.

Anyone have any clues as to why this is the case?

Chan,
Let's talk on IRC (#fossology) about this.

Bob