From: Mike Kinghan [mailto:mi...@symbian.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:29 AM
To: Laser, Mary
Cc: fossology@fossology.org
Subject: Re: [FOSSology] How to reschedule nomos license analysis?

Hi Mary,

These instructions work fine.

However I don't seem to have succeed in adding a new license to my analysis. I
used the instructions here:

http://www.fossology.org/how_to_add_a_license_template_or_license_phrase_and_re-analyze_licenses

and I chose the method:

Alternately:

 1.  Place your file under /usr/local/share/fossology/agents/licenses/.

 1.  Run 'sudo fossinit'. The "..." sequence indicates that the licenses are
being installed.
Specifically I created the folder
/usr/local/share/fossology/agents/licenses/proprietary and placed in it a raw
license text file called "Nokia Closed Copyright" which contains the text:

Copyright 2007 Nokia. All rights reserved.
This material, including documentation and any related computer
programs, is protected by copyright controlled by Nokia. All
rights are reserved. Copying, including reproducing, storing,
adapting or translating, any or all of this material requires the
prior written consent of Nokia. This material also contains
confidential information which may not be disclosed to others
without the prior written consent of Nokia.

I want to detect source files in the Symbian OS source tree from which this
Nokia license has not been scrubbed.

The fossinit process reported 1 more license processed (361) than the initial
install. However I notice that after fossinit, there do does not exist a "Nokia
Closed Copyright.meta" file, whereas all the default raw licenses have matching
.meta files

When I rescheduled the analysis, I expected the package to gain a Nomos License
report-line for the "Nokia Closed Copyright" license, because I know there are
matching files. But the rescheduled analysis ran in 0 time and did not report
the new license.

I guess the process I have followed is not sufficient to register a new
license? I also tried entering the license via License Admin -> Add License
(which seems to be under construction). That operation reported the license
added but resulted in nothing new appearing under
/usr/local/share/fossology/agents/licenses/, and again made no difference when
I reran the analysis.

Br, Mike