FWIW, this problem with the delete agent is addressed in V 2.0.
There is another problem with the delete agent that is a bit more difficult.
We store each file separately in the repository, so deleting say an iso with 2M
files can take a while.  Until/unless we go to a different file storage scheme,
perhaps saving the files in large blocks, this problem will be with us.

Bob Gobeille