FWIW, the issue to clean this mess is http://www.fossology.org/issues/6165
<http://www.fossology.org/issues/6165>
There was an issue (http://www.fossology.org/issues/5763
<http://www.fossology.org/issues/5763>) to fix the problem where a failed
ununpack would return success.  It was closed as fixed, but apparently it is
not fixed.

I suspect that even though the ununpack_ars table entry was set to success,
that if you look at the job scheduler it will show the ununpack failed.
Because the job failed, adj2nest was never run (this creates a tree
representation of the upload files).  And because that didn’t run, the upload
record upload_mode field was never updated to show that the upload was
successful.  This is why you can’t see the upload when you browse in the UI.

If you want to continue this hack, find that ununpack_ars record and jot down
the value for the upload_fk field.  Then modify the upload table record where
upload_pk = the upload_fk value.  Set the upload_mode to 104 (it’s a bit field
and this will set the upload to having succeeded.  And no, I don’t know if
there are other gotcha’s.  This is a seat of the pants hack.

Bob